Producing Gallery-Quality Prints
Further, pigment appliation onto canvas does not allow fine tonality presentation in darks and shadows. Lastly, the color dynamic range of even the best giglee canvas prints doesn’t come close to more modern printing methods.
For those reasons, while I do allow customers to purchase canvas and paper prints on my website williamtotiphotography.com, for those customers interested in the very best gallery-quality prints, I recommend another alternative.
If you’ve been to high-end photo galleries like Peter Lik’s, what you see is a print technique that uses a Fuji-flex paper face-mounted to clear acrylic. That was the technique I used when I first started printing gallery-quality images (although of course I sold mine at a small fraction of Peter Lik’s price!).
I’ve learned over time that while Fujiflex is a wonderful medium, it was somewhat limiting in color dynamic range, particularly in the red end of the spectrum. A newer technology uses a paper called Lumachrome, which is engineered to overcome and surpass the limitations of traditional Fujiflex chromagenic and inkjet processes. With Lumachrome, details appear to emerge in 3D from the depths of the image, thanks to the transparency layer that is infused with iridium particles and is encapsulated in a layer suspended between the white poly surface and acrylic.
For my Lumachrome prints, I have chosen to use Nevada Art Printers, located in Las Vegas. You can learn more about them here.
Image courtesy of Nevada Art Printers
• Unbelievable clarity, color, resolution, and vibrancy, with an almost 3D look in certain lighting conditions, almost as if they are backlit or holographic (most notably, with halogen lights)
• Brilliant colors, estimated to survive over a hundred years
• Superior color gamut vs traditional Fujiflex prints
• Incredible 3D depth & dimensionality
• Unsurpassed detail with an improved ability to hold highlights
• Superior shadow luminosity & detail
In the case of my Lumachrome prints, every piece is hand polished leaving no detail overlooked. Each is finished with a deluxe Italian made ROMA recessed float mount on the back, allowing the piece to hang without a frame providing a clean, gallery quality presentation and modern look.
Several edge finishes are available.
So there are two ways to purchase my prints:
- You can go to the Galleries & Store link above, which will take you to my website, to purchase canvas, giclee, or paper prints. Prints purchased through my website are Open Edition prints.
- You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase Lumachrome prints. Prints purchase in this manner are Limited Edition prints.
I offer prints in the following sizes:
- Companion Print, sized 8 x 12 inches
- Artist Print, sized 16 x 24 inches
- Studio Print, sized 24 x 36 inches
- Gallery Print, sized 30 x 45 inches
- Master Print, sized 40 x 60 inches.
In some cases, larger pieces can be created up to 48 x 96.
All of my face-mounted Lumachrome prints come supported with recessed gallery quality mounting materials, creating a ready to hang piece that does not require exterior framing of any kind. This not only saves the high cost of framing, it creates a modern, visually clean and crisp display that looks striking in any home or business environment.
The most frequent mistake my clients make is to purchase a print that is too small for the intended display area. To gain the maximum appreciation of a vast landscape, the print size must be substantial enough to allow it to “breathe.” Too small and you just don’t get the same impact. To avoid a “do-over,” please do consider purchasing the largest size image that will fit cleanly into your display area.
Because there automated online purchasing systems for Lumachrome prints do not exist yet (I may have to create one), the only way to order a Lumachrome print is to email me directly at email@example.com with the image desired, size requirements, and general shipping location (city and state). I will normally reply back within 24 hours. (I work many weekends too!)
Fulfillment usually occurs within ten days of order, and of course shipping time will depend on your location.
Regardless of what medium you select for your print, be assured that when you invest in a William Toti image, you will receive a gallery-quality print that you and your family will enjoy for generations.
My Guarantee to You
If you purchase one of my limited edition images directly from me*, I absolutely guarantee that you will be THRILLED (not just “satisfied”) with your print.
If for any reason you are not, I will cheerfully exchange it, or refund 100% of your investment.
No hassles, and no hard feelings either.
Take up to 12 months to decide.
If you like my work, please share with your friends!